I've been holding it together for way too long
I've told myself and countless others far too many lies just to get by
I've smoked and drank and objectified multiple daughters of God
The only people I really, really care about are my best friends and Abby
Everyone else is just there, giving and taking as we see fit
I've lost all sense of value and purpose in God, girls, people, and unfortunately, a bit in myself
I put on a mask called confidence and they loved it
It brought me all I dreamed of: a spot on the varsity lacrosse team, more fine women than the I could see, and a sense of comfort I didn't know before
The face behind that mask slowly faded away, to the point where when I did take it off, I didn't know what was behind it
So I filled the void behind it with what was in front of it, taking a piece here and stuffing it there, till the outside was the inside and the depths of my soul were synonymous with the words slipping off my tongue
I don't know the face behind what's behind the mask
I've become the bad guy
No comments:
Post a Comment