Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 29

Metaphor Marathon
From this metaphor marathon, two longer metaphorical poems or multiple short poems must arise.

Miles 1-10: Write freely
I want my life to be neat. I want it to be tidy. I want to know where I'm going, how long it will take and how I'm going to get there. I know this sounds ridiculous, to know everything about my life, and that it might sound like there is no sense of mystery or adventure within my being. But this is not true. I love adventure. I like the unknown, but too often, what I venture into unknowingly ends up being a mistake or something that hurts me. At some point, this ideology will surely change, but for now, to know and to stand is better than to fall with no guarantee of anything catching you.

I want my life to be fun. I want a job that I love, an education that is useful, and

i just want to know. i want security. i want someone who isn't gonna hurt me who values me for what i am. i tired of the opposite. jumping in with no caution has become old. i'm sick of it.

As boring as it sounds, I want to go to a good school for something I like learning about, get a solid job and marry the woman I love (whomever she may be). I want to buy a big ass brick house in a wealthy suburb of somewhere with a good school with a good lacrosse team, and I want to send my kids there.

I want to be original. I want to mean something to someone.

Mile 11 and 12:

Mile 13 and 14: This shell seems to be together on the surface, but when you pick it up, it leaves dust on your figures, reminding you of it's parts and pieces coming off on your hand

No comments:

Post a Comment