Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 24

You know when I feel the most inspired?
It’s not when I wake up, and know that I have the whole day in front of me. Nor is it seconds later when the sun first hits my eyes. It’s not the moment I first step in the shower, or the first bite of food. It’s not the first word I speak or friend I see.
It’s late at night, when the entirety of the day is put into perspective and unchangeable. I feel the most inspired when I lie back, my eyes drifting from the dark of my bedroom to the depths of the night sky, when I see the ounces of light poking through. This is the time where my only earthly comforts are my blankets and the red glow of the alarm clock. Then, I become alive. When all I need is to something so basic, so primitive, so fundamentally human as sleep, I realize what I really want. It’s not to close my heavy eyes and to drift off into unconsciousness; what I want is so much more. My clock stands upright to remind me of the logical parameters that dictate my life, and the window remains open connect my eyes to the stars. The stars, which, spending their entire lifespan waiting for this moment, remind that I am capable of much more than simply falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment